Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Some Flowers On Silk



My experiments with dyeing silk have lead me to do a bit of painting. Up until now I have been just doing small additions to scarves with painting. My first ETSY sale was a rose scarf I did in this manner. This was a real learning experience but it came out really cool.

Basically I dye the scarf using a resist technique. Then I find white spaces to fill in with my chosen pattern. These are then painted using the Serti Gutta technique. This means my background is dyed before the pattern. Pictured here are the rose and an upcoming scarf with violets.

3 comments:

Nora said...

Hi, how are you? I think your scarves are beautiful. I especially like the peach one in your etsy shop!

lizet frijters said...

beautiful work!

Made With Loving Hands said...

Thank you!