Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yarn Swap 2007/2008



My guild did a yarn swap this season. November 2007 we brought in our yarn. It was placed in paper bags. We each picked a bag that did not contain our yarn. We made something for the person who's name and yarn were in the bag. The swap happened at the February 2008 meeting last weekend.

It was a fun challenge. My bag was empty as the person forgot her yarn. I got it a week late. My looms were pretty tied up at the time, well all but the frame looms. I got a slew of single balls of different shades of green wool and a request to use one specific yarn. Turns out that one yarn really did not go with the other colors so well but was the only one that was not totally scratchy. The various shades reminded me of a vest I had done a while back using the Wind Blown Star quilt block. Initial thoughts to do a vest turned to a pillow due the scratchiness of the yarn. Pictures of the final product are here.

No comments: